The Secret of Successful Weight Loss
The secret behind weight loss working out well and consistently is that we have to make sure that we Combine 3 things together daily, all 7 days of the week.
WALK - 25-30 minutes
WATER - 2.5-3 liters
DIET - Very strictly avoid fatty food.
- Eat 3 carbohydrates & protein balanced meals.
- Eat plenty of fiber from whole cereals, pulses, salads & fruits.
C for combination is the keyword. All people who have got a basic middle school education are aware of the science of eating food, getting energy from food and burning calories with physical activity and exercise. We are also aware that the body cannot survive without water.
Inspite of this knowledge the whole world is struggling with weight problems and even though everybody is working hard to control or reduce their weight, about 90% are unsuccessful. What is the problem? The problem is that human beings are very good at doing one or two things well, at the same time. When they are asked to do 3 things together they fail. They keep trying but they naturally can manage only one thing and are irregular with the other two.
If you analyze a roomful of people who have gathered to do a weight loss programme, you can divide the people in to two distinct groups. One group who will be very enthusiastic about exercise and working out at a gym or aerobics or kick boxing classes and another group that are very enthusiastic about trying out different diets.
The group that is exercising can work very hard and very intensely with the exercise regimen but when asked about what diet they are going to follow they will say that they can do any amount of exercise that you want them to do but they canít stick to a strict diet programme as well. Those who decide to do the diet programme will rigidly follow the diet they chose but will say that they cannot take out time and effort to go and exercise also.
Besides these problems most of us are hardly drinking enough water. The reason being that in todayís life style we donít have to do much physical work in our homes, we donít walk in the hot sun to go to the market or catch a bus and we use air conditioned cars and offices so we donít feel thirsty. And if we do feel thirsty a juice or aerated drink is easily available and taste better.
So now we have to overcome all this and discipline ourselves to do all the three things together. The key to success is not how heavy your work out is but how regular it is. Even if you just walk briskly on the road or in a park or on a treadmill for 25-30 minutes, all 7 days, you can lose weight steadily.
This walk must be done along with 2.5-3 liters water daily. Drink half a liter water on rising, then try to consume one liter of water between breakfast to lunch time and another one liter between lunch and 6pm. 6pm to dinner time, drink another half a liter.
Last but not the least is the diet which is based on 3 basic principles.
1) If you want to remove 10kgs of fat you must not consume fatty foods (foods containing a large amount of fat).
- A- All deep fired foods & snacks.
- B-Butter, ghee, cream & rich bakery products-puffs, pastry, cookies, etc.
- C-Chocolates, ice-creams, India sweets, desserts.
Give up these completely for 3-4 months to lose 10kgs fat from you body.
2) Never skip a meal and make sure you eat 3 meals daily. All the 3 meals must be a combination of carbohydrate foods such as cereals, bread, rotis, rice, etc., along with a protein item like skimmed milk, curds, dhal, pulses, egg or non-veg food.
3) Eat plenty of fiber in the form of whole grains like whole wheat bread, atta rotis, ragi items, oats and corn flakes or wheat flakes. Pulses like channa, rajma, moong. Fresh fruits like apples, oranges, musambi, guava, pomegranate, etc. and fresh salads with lunch and dinner.