Detox Diets can Harm your Body
Keeping your body clean fit and healthy just cannot happen overnight. Putting anything and everything, fatty foods, aerated drinks, aginomoto and all sorts of preservatives, etc, into your body 5 or 6 days a week and then thinking you can wash it all out in one or 2 days, is just not logical or fair on your system.
Also getting a sauna, massage and heavy workout once in a way canít clean out all the muck. There are even places where they use enima or colon wash saying this will clean you out. Itís absolute nonsense! Having a clean healthy body and beautiful complexion involves no short cuts and you cannot buy this with big money. It is simply commitment, dedication and hard work, over a long period of time that really gives you the best results and results that last.
Since the last 15 years I have believed in one principle - You Are What You Eat. I have seen a tremendous change in my own life and have helped 1000ís from all over the world to practice and believe in this too and change their lives completely. Starvation diets and mono- food strategies, like fruits only, etc. is harmful to the body because they lower your metabolic rate. Most people who practice fasting twice a week find it very difficult to lose weight later as their body motor slows down.
Secondly every time you miss protein in any meal a little muscle tissue is broken down and supplied for the body need. This results in hair fall, wrinkled skin and sagging arms and legs. Every meal must have protein like 1 glass milk or half to one cup dahl/ pulse or egg or a little non-veg. Thirdly when you donít eat balanced meals then you develop vitamin, mineral deficiencies, which lowers your body resistance and you keep falling ill.
If you want to permanently become healthy here are the rules:
- Never miss a meal- breakfast, lunch and dinner must be eaten every single day.
- Every meal must be properly balanced with carbohydrate foods (cereal, rotis, rice, etc.) combined with protein foods (milk/curd, dhal/pulse, egg, poultry, fish, etc.) and fruits and vegetables to go with them or in-between as snacks.
- Whenever possible choose high fiber foods like whole wheat bread, oats, ragi, unpolished rice, pulses- channa, rajma, moong sprouts, etc. Fresh fruits like apple, pear, orange, sweetlime, pomegranate and fresh salads.
- Everybody from birth to death require 2-3 glasses of milk/curds. Without this we can never meet the calcium and protein need of our bodies.
- Finally we all need to consume 2-3 liters of water daily. Avoid carbonated drinks. Remember each 300 ml of cola contain 7 teaspoons sugar and those colours are bad for your teeth and complexion.
Last but not the least you need to walk all 7 days a week, 30 minutes, to keep your heart pumping well and have that flush and glow in your cheeks. The new way to glow with health is to rebalance your lifestyle and strike the right equilibrium of healthy eating and regular workouts on a long-term basis. Look after yourself always and then treat yourself to the goodies once a week and you can say good-bye to crazy diets and detox forever.